If you have experienced physical or emotional violence in your family, AADA is here to help
How we can Help?
AADA provides free confidential support to women victims and their children that reside in the greater Houston area. We receive calls on our helpline and AADA’s trained Advocates & Staff are fluent in many native languages and familiar with your culture.
- Culturally Sensitive Counseling
- Legal Referral
- Referral & Resources
- Court Accompaniment
- Rental Assistance
- Outreach & Awareness
Steps to Safety if you're not ready to leave:
- Call 911 if you feel unsafe.
- Memorize the number of a women’s shelter.
- Keep an extra set of car and house keys.
- Start your own savings account.
- Take pictures and gather evidence and legal documents
- Keep a packed bag in a safe place.
- Collect important documents & evidence.
- Explore your legal options: divorce, custody, protective orders, immigration status.